This time on the podcast, Ryan, James and Travis are joined by West Anthony to discuss Paul Verhoeven’s 1987 film, RoboCop.
About the film:
Called by Ken Russell ‘the greatest science-fiction film since Metropolis,’ controversial director Paul Verhoeven’s RoboCop is a special effects-laden cult phenomenon. The film features a resurrected and roboticized hero (Peter Weller) in a new, supercharged cyborg body, struggling to reclaim his memory and avenge his own death. Written by Edward Neumeier and Michael Miner, this film is a grown-up superhero fantasy come to vivid, bloody life.
Buy The Film On Amazon
- RoboCop (1987) – The Criterion Collection
- RoboCop – From the Current – The Criterion Collection
- RoboCop :: rogerebert.com :: Reviews
- RoboCop – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- robocop criterion blogspot – Google Search
- Bixby Snyder (for_a_dollar) on Twitter
- Ryan Gallagher (Blog / Twitter)
- James McCormick (Twitter / cineAWESOME / Hopeful Romantics)
- Travis George (Twitter)
- West Anthony (Twitter / CriterionCast Reviews / Battleship Pretension)