Josh is once again joined by Matt Gasteier of The Complete Podcast to discuss Japanese cinema, this time focusing on films that are available on other streaming services.
Note: This was recorded in early March, when we were just beginning to get an idea of just how serious the outbreak of COVID-19 really was going to be for our country. Things have changed all across the country since this was recorded, and Matt shared a few organizations that he’d like listeners to consider supporting if you have the resources. Due to a hectic work schedule during this crisis that leaves little time or bandwidth for editing, the follow episode is lightly edited and contains many of the stammers and pauses that are usually trimmed. And due to the delays in editing, some of the titles are on different streaming platforms than the ones mentioned in the episode. We’ve posted links to the most current platforms available, as well as a link to their Just Watch listing.
Support the Community
- Matt Gasteier: Support Your Local Art-House or Repertory Movie Theater | Doctors Without Borders | Partners in Health
- Art-House America: GoFundMe
- The Criterion Channel Club Facebook Group
- Millennium Actress, Directed by Satoshi Kon, Streaming on Kanopy | Just Watch Listing
- Oh Lucy!, Directed by Atsuko Hirayanagi, Streaming on Hulu
- Happy Hour, Directed by Ryūsuke Hamaguchi, Streaming on Amazon Prime | Part One | Part Two | Part Three
- The Day the Sun Fell, Directed by Aya Domenig, Streaming on Amazon Prime
Where to Find Us Online
- Matt Gasteier: The Complete | Twitter | Letterboxd
- Josh Hornbeck: Website | Twitter | Instagram | Letterboxd
- Criterion Channel Surfing: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
- Logo by Doug McCambridge: Good Times, Great Movies | DPM Designs