Mark and Aaron get back to this century with a look at Paul Thomas Anderson’s Punch-Drunk Love. Naturally we talk about Adam Sandler’s dramatic acting jobs, and well, what happened to them? We go further into PTA’s career, film by film, chronicling the evolution of his craft and style. We explore why he is so popular, and question whether he belongs in the conversation of greatest living filmmakers.
3:40 – Punch Drunk Love
47:40 – Paul Thomas Anderson
- Criterion – Punch-Drunk Love
- Criterion – Paul Thomas Anderson’s Favorite Films
- The Film Faculty – PTA Retrospective
- Mark’s Amazon Wish List. Happy Birthday, Mark!
- Mark Hurne: Twitter | Letterboxd
- Aaron West: Twitter | Blog | Letterboxd
- Criterion Close-Up: Facebook | Twitter | Email
Next time on the podcast: Late Spring