Criterion Reflections is David Blakeslee’s ongoing project to watch all of the films included in the Criterion Collection in chronological order of their original release. This fourth season of the podcast features conversations about movies that originally premiered in 1972 and were destined to eventually receive the Criterion imprimatur. In this episode, David is joined by Richard Doyle, Jason Beamish and David Seeley to begin a discussion about the Lone Wolf and Cub series, six films released in Japan between 1972-1974. Part One of this two-part series covers Sword of Vengeance, Baby Cart at the River Styx and Baby Cart to Hades.
Sword of Vengeance
Baby Cart at the River Styx
Baby Cart to Hades
- Graphite Comics (Volumes 1-14 of 28 volume series)
- Dark Horse (Interview with series co-creator Kazuo Koike)
- Humble Bundle Deal – mentioned in the show, good thru 12/1/21!
- Criterion Reflections blog (1922 – 1967)
- Criterion Reflections columns on CriterionCast (1968)
- The Eclipse Viewer
- A Journey Through the Eclipse Series