Criterion Reflections is David Blakeslee’s ongoing project to watch all of the films included in the Criterion Collection in chronological order of their original release. Each episode of this second season of the podcast features conversations with a variety of guests offering insights on movies that originally premiered in 1970 and were destined to eventually bear the Criterion imprint. In this episode, David is joined by Martin Kessler and Jonathon Laubinger to discuss The Ear, directed by Karel Kachyňa.
- FilmStruck (while you can…)
- East European Film Bulletin
- Film Walrus
- Lisa Thatcher
- Not Coming to a Theater Near You
- Ozu’s World
- Senses of Cinema
- Sunnyside Kitchen
Warning: No subs, crummy transfer, but here’s THE EAR anyway!
- Criterion Reflections blog (1922 – 1967)
- Criterion Reflections columns on CriterionCast (1968)
- The Eclipse Viewer
- A Journey Through the Eclipse Series