Criterion Reflections is David Blakeslee’s ongoing project to watch all of the films included in the Criterion Collection in chronological order of their original release. Each episode of this third season of the podcast features conversations with a variety of guests offering insights on movies that originally premiered in 1971 and were destined to eventually bear the Criterion imprint. In this episode, David is joined by Derek J. Power and Jordan Essoe to discuss A Safe Place, starring Tuesday Weld and Jack Nicholson, and directed by Henry Jaglom.
A Safe Place
- The Criterion Collection
- New York Times (1971)
- Los Angeles Free Press (1972)
- Basement Rejects
- Criterion Confessions
- Every 70s Movie
- Naturalistic! Uncanny! Marvelous!
Tuesday’s interview begins at 33:10 in this full episode recording (including ads!)
- Criterion Reflections blog (1922 – 1967)
- Criterion Reflections columns on CriterionCast (1968)
- The Eclipse Viewer
- A Journey Through the Eclipse Series