This time on the podcast, Jordan Essoe, Scott Nye, David Blakeslee, and Arik Devens discuss Roberto Rossellini’s Germany Year Zero.
The concluding chapter of Roberto Rossellini’s War Trilogy is the most devastating, a portrait of an obliterated Berlin, seen through the eyes of a twelve-year-old boy.
- Germany Year Zero (1948)
- The Humanity of the Defeated
- Post-War Picture by Rossellini – The New York Times
- DVD of the Week – The New Yorker
- Amazon.com: Roberto Rossellini’s War Trilogy
- Jordan Essoe (Instagram / Website)
- Scott Nye (Twitter / Battleship Pretension)
- David Blakeslee (Twitter / Criterion Reflections)
- Arik Devens (Twitter / funfact.fm)