On episode 208 of CriterionCast, Jordan Essoe is joined by Scott Nye, David Blakeslee, and Arik Devens to discuss Michelangelo Antonioni’s 1960 film L’avventura.
Michelangelo Antonioni invented a new film grammar with this masterwork. An iconic piece of challenging 1960s cinema and a gripping narrative on its own terms, L’avventura concerns the enigmatic disappearance of a young woman during a yachting trip off the coast of Sicily, and the search taken up by her disaffected lover (Gabriele Ferzetti) and best friend (Monica Vitti, in her breakout role).
- L’avventura (1960)
- Dying in a Material World by Scott Nye
- L’avventura by David Blakeslee
- L’avventura by Arik Devens
- Amazon.com: L’avventura
- Jordan Essoe (Instagram / Website)
- Scott Nye (Twitter / Battleship Pretension)
- David Blakeslee (Twitter / Criterion Reflections)
- Arik Devens (Twitter / funfact.fm)